How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
What are the pros and cons of replacing versus repairing packing lines?
Temporary packing lines in other owned or non-owned locations? What happens at the end of your claim?
How can you use industry statistics/surveys to support projected crop yields?
Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. Make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants to prepare a bid.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Federal grants and subsidies. Are they considered income?
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant?
- What is his/her role?
- Why can’t your accountant just prepare your claim?
- What is the harm in sharing your financial statements?
- Are you required to produce your tax returns?
- Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
What are extra expenses? What can be included?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active of passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Increased efficiency and productivity with new equipment. Does the insurance company get a “credit?”
Growing crops cannot be processed? How do they fit into your property claim and your business interruption claim?
How does the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your equipment? Your computers and other electronics?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Valuation of raw materials. Work in progress. Finished goods. Methodologies employed.
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code issues?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get classified? What is covered?
Does your risk manager have the requisite skill sets to negotiate a large property claim?
Agriculture Client References
- Boss Hog Farms - Pierre, SD
- C & P Feed & Seed - Brookfield, MO
- Char's Flower Shop - Auburn, IL
- Crawford Livestock - Chadron, NE
- Delta Potato Growers Association - Delta, CO
- Discovery Farm - Elizabeth, CO
- Elite Genetics LLC - Burrton, KS
- Hamden West Nursery - Lakewood, CO
- Lantis Enterprises, Inc. - Spearfish, SD
- Marvin E. Ryan dba Ryan & Ryan Farms - Delta, CO
- Noel Bakhit Horse Arena - Bennington, NE
- Pharmtech - Des Moines, IA
- PharmTech dba Triple S Seed - Des Moines, IA
- SPC Espacial Inc. - Miami, FL
- Triple G Farms - Webster City, IA
- View Point Farms - Bennington, NE
- Wamego Floral Co. - Wamego, KS
Adjusting Today® is a free resource from AI covering the most current insurance topics and critical issues affecting property damage and business interruption claims. It’s written by the leading insurance experts and from the policyholder’s perspective and includes real-life examples to provide insurance agents and brokers, risk managers, attorneys, business owners and other business professionals the context and knowledge to improve disaster preparedness.