You just suffered serious damage to your condominium and you are wondering what to do next.
You call your insurance company and wait for an adjuster to come out hoping that they will have your best interests at heart.
You moved from the asset side of your insurance company's ledger to the liability side of their ledger.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
When filing a condominium insurance claim, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration. To help you navigate the process, we have put together several talking points for you to review. Having a full understanding of each of the below bullet points is crucial to documenting, filing, and successfully settling your insurance claim. If any of these questions give you pause, please feel free to reach out to us for a no-cost discussion about your claim.
Your loss of rents claim is more than just submitting lease agreements. Why?
Replacement properties. Lease purchase strategy. Is it good for you?
Is it always beneficial for your building/property to be considered a “total loss?” If not, why not?
Are relocation expenses for Section 8 Housing tenants covered?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
In a condominium, where does the unit owner’s interest end and the HOA’s interest begin?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- What is his/her background in construction?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
If you place displaced tenants in undamaged units, how does it affect your rents claim?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Asbestos and lead-containing materials can have a major impact on your claim. Are you aware of how to properly address these in order to avoid future liability issues?
- Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address.
- You want to make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Does your policy pay for removal of your tenants’ personal property? Disposal of your tenants’ property? Storage of your tenants’ property?
Are your continuing property management fees covered?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code coverage?
- Green building upgrades?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What does Title 24 and handicap access mean to you and your claim?
Can tenants stay in the undamaged units? Liability issues may make this a dangerous idea.
Condominium Client References
- Abbey at Cherry Creek HOA - Denver, CO
- Acacia Equities - Thornton, CO
- AIMCO Properties - Boulder, CO
- Ammons Park Home Owners - Lakewood, CO
- Apartment & Condominium Concepts Unlimited, Inc. - Golden, CO
- Apple Creek Home Owners Association - Arvada, CO
- Arco Shenandoah Partnership - St. Louis, MO
- Ashwood Park - Pasadena, TX
- Beaumont Place Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- BJD Properties - St. Louis, MO
- Brandy Chase II Home Owners Association - Aurora, CO
- Brickell Bay Club Condominium Association Inc. - Miami, FL
- Brickell Bay Tower Condominiums - Miami, FL
- Brickell Town House Association, Inc. - Miami, FL
- Brickness Town House - Miami, FL
- Brott's Western Lanes - Coffeyville, MO
- Cabrita Point Condo Association - St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Cargill, Inc. - Caracas, Venezuela
- The Cascades - Arlington, TX
- Cedar Court Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Cherry Creek Home Owners Association - Colorado Springs, CO
- Cherry Grove Home Owners Association - Aurora, CO
- Coamo Springs Golf & Tennis Club, Puerto Rico
- Colorado Housing and Finance Authority - Aurora, CO
- Condado Del Mar - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Condominio Coral Beach - Carolina, PR
- Condominio Costamar - San Juan, PR
- Condominium Care - Denver, CO
- Condominium Iberia I - Guaynabo, PR
- Condominium Marlin Towers - Isla Verda, Puerto Rico
- Construction Planning & Management, Inc. - Ft. Worth, TX
- Coral Gardens Condominiums - Miami, FL
- Cornwall Association Ltd. - Denver, CO
- Cuban American National Council Inc. - Miami, FL
- Denver Commercial Associates, Inc. - Aurora, CO
- Dominion Tower Apartments - Miami, FL
- Dondlinger & Sons Construction Co., Inc. - Wichita, KS
- Edgewater Tower Condo - Hollywood, FL
- Eleven One Eleven Home Owners - Aurora, CO
- First Interstate Bank Of Golden - Denver, CO
- Florida Park Condo - Denver, CO
- Fountain Teen Center - Fountain, CO
- Fountainside Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Four Freedoms House Of Miami Beach, Inc. - Miami Beach, FL
- The Gannon Companies - Maryland Heights, MO
- Gannon Management Co. - Maryland Heights, MO
- Garden Real Estate - St. Louis, MO
- Glen Echo - Bellvue, CO
- Gold Crown Management - Englewood, CO
- Governor's Park Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Grandview Tower - Wong Properties - Denver, CO
- Gustine Partnership - St. Louis, MO
- H.B. Hayne Corporate - Grand Junction, CO
- Hadley Dean Associates - St. Louis, MO
- Harrison Court Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Heron Financial Corp. - Dallas, TX
- High Point Townhomes HOA - Denver, CO
- Hilltop Townhouse Associates - Kansas City, MO
- Holiday Shores Condo - Santa Rosa, FL
- Homestead Properties - Homestead, FL
- Huntington Brook Apartments - Nashville, TN
- Imperial Towers Condominium - Hallandale, FL
- Iowa Health Systems - Des Moines, IA
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital - Des Moines, IA
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
- Iowa Paint Manufacturing Inc. - Des Moines, IA
- J. Medve Investment & Management, Inc. - St. Louis, MO
- Jenner Properties - Grand Forks, ND
- Jewell Ridge Condo Association - Lakewood, CO
- John Hancock / Gannon Joint Venture - Miami, FL
- JRA Investment Corp. - Elkhorn, NE
- Keyes Asset Management, Inc. - Miami, FL
- Kirsten Realty Venture - Chesterfield, MO
- Kugel Trust - Aurora, CO
- La Concorde Condominiums Association Inc. - Denver, CO
- Lago Del Rey Home Owners Associates - Miami, FL
- Laguna View Tower I & Tower II - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Lake Lochwood Village HOA - Lakewood, CO
- Lincoln Towers West Condominiums - Miami Beach, FL
- Little Reef Homeowners Association - St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
- Long Reef Condominium Association - St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
- Madison Hill Condominium Association - Denver, CO
- Medve Realty - Baton Rouge, LA
- Meredith Corporation - Des Moines, IA
- Mill Run Home Owners Association - Aurora, CO
- Monaco Place Home Owners Association - Lakewood, CO
- Monroe Place Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Mountainside Association Inc. - Lakewood, CO
- New Horizons - Orlando, FL
- Normandy Shores Apartment Condominiums - Miami Beach, FL
- Northgate Condominiums - Miami, FL
- Oak Park Condominiums - Denver, CO
- Odell-Wentz and Associates, L.L.C. - Minot, ND
- Parrot Jungle - Miami, FL
- Payless Cashways Inc. - Albuquerque, NM
- Payless Cashways, Inc. - Elwood, KS
- Pelican Reef West Condominiums - Coconut Grove, FL
- Pointe Drive Condominiums - Miami, FL
- Professional Management Associates, Inc. - Aurora, CO
- Quartz Mountain State Resort - Lone Wolf, OK
- Reality House, Inc. - Columbia, MO
- Rembrandt Place Condominiums - Englewood, CO
- Resolution Trust Corporation - Norristown, PA
- Rushmer Townhouse Association - Avon, CO
- Sabetha Lanes & Lounge Inc. - Sabetha, KS
- SGA Aspen L.L. - Aspen, CO
- Shepherd Of The Hills - Branson, MO
- Sierra Point Condominiums - Colorado Springs, CO
- Sierra Point Home Owners Association - Colorado Springs, CO
- SMC Contractors - Maryland Heights, MO
- Sorrel Ridge, LLC - Ken Caryl Ranch, CO
- South Glen Commons - Littleton, CO
- Spires Of Sherwood - Baton Rouge, LA
- Steve Sloan Realty Co. - Kansas City, MO
- Stone & Alter Real Estate Company - University City, MO
- Sugar Mill Condominium Association - St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Sunrise Club, Inc. - Miami, FL
- Sunrise Point Condominiums - Miami, FL
- Sunshine Mission Ministries Inc. - St. Louis, MO
- Surfside Mansions Condominium - Carolina, Puerto Rico
- SW Property Trust, Inc. - Albuquerque, NM
- Taylor Ball - Boulder, CO
- Taylor-Morley Management Company - St. Louis, MO
- Terremark Center, Ltd. - Coconut Grove, FL
- Texas Commercial Properties - Arlington, TX
- Tyler Community Management - Lakewood, CO
- University of Iowa/Phi Kappa Psi - Iowa City, IA
- University Square Company - St. Louis, MO
- Vickery Management - Arlington, TX
- Vision Realty & Investment - Ft. Worth, TX
- W & S Investments - St. Louis, MO
- Water Point Estates Property Owners Association - St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Waterside I Home Owners Association - Lakewood, CO
- Waterside II - Denver, CO
- Welco - Grand Forks, ND
- Wellington Condominium Association - Denver, CO
- Wellsford Residential Property Trust - Lakewood, CO
- West Pine Associates - St. Louis, MO
- West Ridge Condominium Association - Lakewood, CO
- Westridge Home Owners - Lakewood, CO
- Windstream Condominium - Denver, CO
- Yarco Realty - Kansas City, MO
If you’re suffering from a commercial property damage claim, we can help!
Call us at 888.321.5200 or fill out the form below:
( * ) indicates required field