Your knowledge and guidance allowed the association to recover damages that our insurance company had disputed earlier and ultimately settled our claim for an amount that pleased the homeowners at Peachtree. I would not hesitate to utilize your services in the future and would recommend Matrix Business Consulting to any potential client.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
Your loss of rents claim is more than just submitting lease agreements. Why?
Replacement properties. Lease purchase strategy. Is it good for you?
Is it always beneficial for your building/property to be considered a “total loss?” If not, why not?
Are relocation expenses for Section 8 Housing tenants covered?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
In a condominium, where does the unit owner’s interest end and the HOA’s interest begin?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- What is his/her background in construction?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
If you place displaced tenants in undamaged units, how does it affect your rents claim?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Asbestos and lead-containing materials can have a major impact on your claim. Are you aware of how to properly address these in order to avoid future liability issues?
- Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address.
- You want to make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Does your policy pay for removal of your tenants’ personal property? Disposal of your tenants’ property? Storage of your tenants’ property?
Are your continuing property management fees covered?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code coverage?
- Green building upgrades?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What does Title 24 and handicap access mean to you and your claim?
Can tenants stay in the undamaged units? Liability issues may make this a dangerous idea.
Condominium Client References
- Abbey at Cherry Creek HOA - Denver, CO
- Ammons Park Home Owners - Lakewood, CO
- Apartment & Condominium Concepts Unlimited, Inc. - Golden, CO
- Apple Creek Home Owners Association - Arvada, CO
- Beaumont Place Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Brandy Chase II Home Owners Association - Aurora, CO
- Brickell Town House Association, Inc. - Miami, FL
- Cedar Court Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Cherry Grove Home Owners Association - Aurora, CO
- Condominium Care - Denver, CO
- Cornwall Association Ltd. - Denver, CO
- Eleven One Eleven Home Owners - Aurora, CO
- Florida Park Condo - Denver, CO
- Fountainside Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Gold Run Condominium - Boulder, CO
- Governor's Park Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Harrison Court Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- High Point Townhomes HOA - Denver, CO
- Hilltop Townhouse Associates - Kansas City, MO
- Jewell Ridge Condo Association - Lakewood, CO
- La Concorde Condominiums Association Inc. - Denver, CO
- Lake Lochwood Village HOA - Lakewood, CO
- Le Chateau Homeowners Association - Aurora, CO
- Madison Hill Condominium Association - Denver, CO
- Mill Run Home Owners Association - Aurora, CO
- Monaco Place Home Owners Association - Lakewood, CO
- Monroe Place Home Owners Association - Denver, CO
- Oak Park Condominiums - Denver, CO
- Peachtree Homeowner's Association - Fort Collins, CO
- Professional Management Associates, Inc. - Aurora, CO
- Rembrandt Place Condominiums - Englewood, CO
- Rushmer Townhouse Association - Avon, CO
- Sierra Point Condominiums - Colorado Springs, CO
- Sierra Point Home Owners Association - Colorado Springs, CO
- Stonybridge Villa Townhomes - Highlands Ranch, CO
- Waterside I Home Owners Association - Lakewood, CO
- Wellington Condominium Association - Denver, CO
- West Ridge Condominium Association - Lakewood, CO
- Westridge Home Owners - Lakewood, CO
- Windstream Condominium - Denver, CO
Insights for Your Industry® is our E-publication created to help specific industries protect their property. For example, our first three editions cover hoteliers and the issues related to property claims that are important to their business following a disaster. Articles are written from a policyholder’s perspective and include real-life examples as a comprehensive guide to improve disaster preparedness.
Adjusting Today® is a free resource from AI covering the most current insurance topics and critical issues affecting property damage and business interruption claims. It’s written by the leading insurance experts and from the policyholder’s perspective and includes real-life examples to provide insurance agents and brokers, risk managers, attorneys, business owners and other business professionals the context and knowledge to improve disaster preparedness.