Without the assistance of Mr. deLuise, Chi Psi Fraternity at the University of Colorado would not exist today. He has been recognized by our local and National Fraternity many times for his assistance in this matter [catastrophic fire loss], and he has helped other national and local fraternities with their complex insurance claims.
Samuel C. Bessey
Chi Psi Fraternity, Boulder, CO
Your school just suffered serious damage and you are wondering what to do next.
You call your insurance company and wait for an adjuster to come out hoping that they will have your best interests at heart. After all, they accepted your premium for years in a very nice way. Now you expect that they will "do the right thing."
You will soon discover that you've moved form the asset side of your insurance company's ledger (you paying your premiums on time) to the liability side of their ledger (they need to pay you for your damages). Often, the money they owe you now will far exceed any premium payment you paid or would pay in the future.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
Make sure you fully understand the meaning of each of the following before you move forward. Feel free to reach out to us for a no-cost discussion about your claim.
JPA's and Pools. Do they really have your district's best interest in mind?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants on large claims to prepare a bid. Who are these consultants? Who are they working for?
Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Do we have the resources in-house to address students and teachers/ needs and get the most from the insurance company?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire. How does your coverage address code coverage? Green building upgrades?
If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What are extra expenses? Can you use extra expenses to offset shortfalls in property coverages?
Temporary facilities. Portables. Hardscape. Temporary or permanent? How to present your story can affect your recovery. Know your policy provisions.
Does your risk manager have the requisite skill sets to negotiate a large property claim?
Utilizing extra expense coverage to secure "E-Space" for classrooms off campus.
Typical school inventories can be 5,000 items or more. They need to have ages, source documents to support replacement prices, and condition coding to secure settlement. What is the time commitment necessary to prepare the inventory?
Title 24 and handicap bathrooms, bars, seating and dance floors. What does it mean to you? Your claim?
See the Commercial Claims and Business Interruption Claims pages for more you need to know about educational claims.
Educational Client References
- Catahoula Parish School Board - Harrisonburg, LA
- Chi Psi Fraternity - Boulder, CO
- Colorado Springs School District - Colorado Springs, CO
- Concordia Parish School Board - Ferriday, LA
- Dent/Phelds School - Salem, MO
- Denver Business College, Inc. - Denver, CO
- Ferriday Junior High School - Ferriday, LA
- Grant Elementary/CSSD District #11 - Colorado Springs, CO
- Hannibal LaGrange College - Hannibal, MO
- Lennox R3 School District - Salem, MO
- Madison Parish School Board - Tallulah, LA
- Mora Independent School District - Mora, NM
- University of Iowa/Phi Kappa Psi - Iowa City, IA
- University of Miami Hospital & Clinic - Miami, FL
- University Presbyterian Church - Las Cruces, NM
If you’re suffering from a commercial property damage claim, we can help!
Call us at 888.321.5200 or fill out the form below:
( * ) indicates required field