Your expertise in coordinating: the voluminous documents into a comprehensive business income claim, the contractor's 60-page building estimate, the Ace Hardware inventory and fixture sheets, and all of the management staff's efforts - then putting them all together into a package that the insurance company actually paid as presented, was really remarkable. We could not have done this without you!
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Replacing versus repairing production lines. Pros and cons.
Temporary production in other owned or non-owned locations? What happens at the end of your claim?
Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. Make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Warranties and Protective Safeguard Requirements.
- What do they mean?
- What if you are not in full compliance?
- Can you still collect?
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant?
- What is his/her role?
- Why can’t your accountant just prepare your claim?
- What is the harm in sharing your financial statements?
- Are you required to produce your tax returns?
- Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
What are extra expenses? What can be included?
How do you project lost sales? What about new products? Sales declines?
Coinsurance clauses in loss of income coverage can lead to disastrous results when including labor expenses in the cost of goods manufactured and exclude those labor expenses in the business interruption evaluation.
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Increased efficiency and productivity with new equipment. Does the insurance company get a “credit?”
How does the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your machinery? Your computers and other electronics?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address codes?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
Valuation of raw materials. Work in progress. Finished goods. Methodologies employed.
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get classified? What is covered?
What is the difference between Actual Loss Sustained and Sales Value of Production and how does it affect your claim?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Manufacturing Client References
- AAMCO Transmission - Pueblo, CO
- Advanced Energy - Ft. Collins, CO
- Allstone Ski Tools - Golden, CO
- Ameri-Cure Inc. - Chandler, AZ
- Americold Corporation - Kansas City, KS
- Andrews Metal Technologies - St. Louis, MO
- Arcadian Trinidad Corp., Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Audio Visual Amusements - St. Louis, MO
- Avis Rent A Car - Simpson Bay, Kingdom of the Netherlands, St. Maarten
- B W Creative Woodworks, Ltd. - Maple Ridge, Canada
- Bailey, Hunt, Jones & Busto - Miami, FL
- Beall Trailer - Commerce City, CO
- Benada Aluminum Of Florida - Medley, FL
- Boss Hog Farms - Pierre, SD
- Brandt Distributing - St. Louis, MO
- Brooks Hardware - Maryland Heights, MO
- BW Creative Woodworks, Ltd. - Maple Ridge, Canada
- C & P Feed & Seed - Brookfield, MO
- C F Gollott & Son Seafood, Inc. - D'Iberville, MS
- Cargill, Inc. - Caracas, Venezuela
- Carol House Furniture - Valley Park, MO
- Carpet Mart - Miami, FL
- Carr Lane Manufacturing Co. - Shrewsbury, MO
- Char's Flower Shop - Auburn, IL
- Comfort Interiors - Vancouver, WA
- Conlin's Furniture - Fargo, ND
- Crawford Livestock - Chadron, NE
- Davis Frames, Inc. - Ecru, MS
- Delta Potato Growers Association - Delta, CO
- Discovery Farm - Elizabeth, CO
- Dondlinger & Sons Construction Co., Inc. - Wichita, KS
- Elite Genetics LLC - Burrton, KS
- Fehlig Bros Box and Lumber Company - St. Louis, MO
- Forrest Meat Processing - Norwood, MO
- General Parts Inc. - Miles City, MT
- Genesis Apparel - Owatonna, MN
- Gleason Corporation - Fort Madison, IA
- Gopher Sport - Owatonna, MN
- H.W. Lumber & Hardware - Maryland Heights, MO
- Hale Photo Supply - Oklahoma City, OK
- Hamden West Nursery - Lakewood, CO
- Hedstrom Concrete Products Co. - Woodbine, IA
- Iowa Health Systems - Des Moines, IA
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital - Des Moines, IA
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
- Iowa Paint Manufacturing Inc. - Des Moines, IA
- Jennings Hall, Inc. - Butler, MO
- Jones Tones, Inc. - Pueblo, CO
- Kalimar, Inc. - Chesterfield, MO
- Kirsten Building Supply - Chesterfield, MO
- Kopsky & Associates - Chesterfield, MO
- Lantis Enterprises, Inc. - Spearfish, SD
- Leonard's Metal Inc. - St. Louis, MO
- Maja Equipment Company, Inc. - Omaha, NE
- Mark Andy, Inc. - Chesterfield, MO
- Marvin E. Ryan dba Ryan & Ryan Farms - Delta, CO
- Meredith Corporation - Des Moines, IA
- Metropolitan Antique Gallery - Denver, CO
- Metz Baking Company - Sioux City, IA
- Mid Continental Airport - Wichita, KS
- Mid-South Reclamation - Smackover, AR
- Moorman Manufacturing Co. - Quincy, IL
- Morgan Spas - Garland, TX
- Morgan Spas - Walnut Ridge, AR
- Mountain Smith - Spencer, WV
- Mountain Valley Lumber - Saguache, CO
- Multi Vision Electronics - Omaha, NE
- Noel Bakhit Horse Arena - Bennington, NE
- One Source Home And Building - N. Little Rock, AR
- Par Cedar Industries, Ltd. - Ucluelet, Canada
- Parsons Motors, Inc. - Parsons, KS
- Payless Cashways Inc. - Albuquerque, NM
- Payless Cashways, Inc. - Elwood, KS
- PharmTech dba Triple S Seed - Des Moines, IA
- Phoenix Aviation - Boulder, CO
- Powertech Distributing, Inc. - St. Charles, MO
- Product Services, Inc. - Ridgeland, MS
- Quincy Soybean - Quincy, IL
- Rock Hill Lumber Co. - St. Louis, MO
- Rogers, Towers, Bailey, Jones & Gay - Miami, FL
- Santa Fe Motorsports - Santa Fe, NM
- Sierra Point Home Owners Association - Colorado Springs, CO
- Signature Works - Hazelhurst, MS
- SMC Contractors - Maryland Heights, MO
- SPC Espacial Inc. - Miami, FL
- Steadman's Valley Motors - Miles City, MT
- Superior Automotive Group, Inc. - Shawnee Mission, KS
- Taylor Ball - Boulder, CO
- Thermal Mechanics, Inc. - Chesterfield, MO
- Triple G Farms - Webster City, IA
- Vail Valley Plumbing - Avon, CO
- View Point Farms - Bennington, NE
- Wamego Floral Co. - Wamego, KS
- Western Valley Processing Co. - Scottsbluff, NE
- Wichita Airport Authority - Wichita, KS
Insights for Your Industry® is our E-publication created to help specific industries protect their property. For example, our first three editions cover hoteliers and the issues related to property claims that are important to their business following a disaster. Articles are written from a policyholder’s perspective and include real-life examples as a comprehensive guide to improve disaster preparedness.
Adjusting Today® is a free resource from AI covering the most current insurance topics and critical issues affecting property damage and business interruption claims. It’s written by the leading insurance experts and from the policyholder’s perspective and includes real-life examples to provide insurance agents and brokers, risk managers, attorneys, business owners and other business professionals the context and knowledge to improve disaster preparedness.