Matrix Business Consulting, took care of me and my company when we had a fire in a 30+ unit building in Boulder. They took me through every step, keeping us safe with their knowledge, expertise, and the staff's genuinely wonderful personalities. I am very happy and impressed with the outcome, Matrix managed all of the (many) obstacles to our advantage.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
Can tenants stay in the undamaged units? Liability issues may make this a dangerous idea.
Your loss of rents claim is more than just submitting lease agreements. Why?
Replacement properties. Lease purchase strategy. Is it good for you?
Is it always beneficial for your building/property to be considered a “total loss?” If not, why not?
Are relocation expenses for Section 8 Housing tenants covered?
Are your continuing property management fees covered?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code coverage?
- Green building upgrades?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What does Title 24 and handicap access mean to you and your claim?
If you place displaced tenants in undamaged units, how does it affect your rents claim?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Asbestos and lead-containing materials can have a major impact on your claim. Are you aware of how to properly address these in order to avoid future liability issues?
- Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address.
- You want to make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Does your policy pay for removal of your tenants’ personal property? Disposal of your tenants’ property? Storage of your tenants’ property?
Are relocation expenses for HUD tenants covered?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
In a condominium, where does the unit owner’s interest end and the HOA’s interest begin?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- What is his/her background in construction?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Multi-Family Complexes Client References
- Alvarado Apartments - Albuquerque, NM
- Apartment & Condominium Concepts Unlimited, Inc. - Golden, CO
- Bennington Ridge Apartments - Kansas City, MO
- Briar Hill Apartments - Kansas City, MO
- Carriage Green Apartments - Aurora, CO
- Cherry Street Apartments - Denver, CO
- Condominium Care - Denver, CO
- Coronado Apartments - Boulder, CO
- Council Tower Apartments - St. Louis, MO
- Gold Run Condominium - Boulder, CO
- Hill House Apartments - Boulder, CO
- Hutchison Apartments - St. Louis, MO
- Lakepointe Apartments - Denver, CO
- Le Chateau Homeowners Association - Aurora, CO
- Madison Place Apartments - Denver, CO
- Meadow Creek Apartments - Boulder, CO
- Oak Creek Apartments - Kansas City, MO
- Oak Park Condominiums - Denver, CO
- Park Avenue Apartments - Denver, CO
- Park Hill Apartments - Colorado Springs, CO
- Peppercorn Apartments - Denver, CO
- Pinon Place Apartments - Aurora, CO
- Sheridan Garden Apartments - Englewood, CO
- Sierra Point Condominiums - Colorado Springs, CO
- Terrace Hill Apartments - Atchison, KS
- University Square Apartments - St. Louis, MO
- Village Royale Apartments - St. Louis, MO
- Vista Park Apartments - Aurora, CO
- Wellington Club Apartments - Mission, KS
- West Glen Village Apartments - Ballwin, MO
- West Pointe Apartments - St. Louis, MO
- Windstream Condominium - Denver, CO
- Woodhaven Apartments - Denver, CO
Adjusting Today® is a free resource from AI covering the most current insurance topics and critical issues affecting property damage and business interruption claims. It’s written by the leading insurance experts and from the policyholder’s perspective and includes real-life examples to provide insurance agents and brokers, risk managers, attorneys, business owners and other business professionals the context and knowledge to improve disaster preparedness.