Public Adjusters for Earthquake Damage
If your business suffers earthquake damage, the initial steps you take may determine if you are able to recover financially and rebuild your business.
A sudden earthquake can damage your commercial property and may go unnoticed. Even the smallest of impacts can seriously compromise a building’s structural integrity. This places the safety of your employees, any other occupants, and your operations at risk. It’s important to have a thorough inspection of your property to identify and document the extent of damages as you prepare to deal with your insurance company.
Our public adjusters have the unmatched experience and resources to guide you in this process. As insurance professionals working only on your behalf, we are fluent in your insurance policy, and assist you in complying with your policy’s requirements in order to develop a proactive claim management strategy to maximize your business’s financial recovery. We thoroughly research and evaluate your loss and substantiate every detail of your claim, which may include building damage, valuable contents, business interruption, and extra expense claims. We prepare and present a comprehensive claim to your insurer so your business can receive the optimum settlement in the shortest amount of time.
What To Focus On After Earthquake Damage
What is my agent/broker’s role? Will his/her role be active or passive? When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Does Adjusters International have earthquake damage experience?
How do I minimize the impact of a large deductible?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Do I need my own engineer for the damage assessment?
Large deductibles demand that your claim be properly evaluated. How can you afford to rebuild your business or building with such a large deductible? Understanding claim strategies and implementing value engineering are important.
Successful evaluation of damages hinges upon a well-coordinated effort between engineers and construction consultants. Do you have the right experts lined up? Should you only rely on the insurance company’s cadre of experts?
How do I keep my employees? My customers?
Ensuing fire or water damage from an earthquake can be covered depending upon the policy.
How do I deal with hidden damage?
What is concurrent causation? Why is it important in an earthquake claim?
How does a large-scale disaster affect recovery? Replacement/reconstruction prices?
How does a large-scale earthquake affect your business interruption claim? Your loss of rents claim?
Is there coinsurance in your policy? If there is, what does it mean? If there is, did your insurance adjuster explain it to you?
How do you make certain that hidden damages are addressed?
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant? What is his/her role? Why can’t you just have your accountant prepare your claim? Understand that you will need to share your financial statements. You may also have to produce your tax returns.
Is there anyone on my side?
Property Damage Losses Commercial Claims Recovery Process
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- A&M Custom Homes - Gig Harbor, WA
- A-1 Custom Trophies, Inc. - Westminster, CO
- A1 Vacuum Cleaner - Albuquerque, NM
- AAMCO Transmission - Pueblo, CO
- Abbey at Cherry Creek HOA - Denver, CO
- Abdiana - Kansas City, MO
- Acacia Equities - Thornton, CO
- Academy Of Beauty Culture, Inc. - Kennett, MO
- Acadian Seafood Restaurant - Baton Rouge, LA
- Advanced Energy - Ft. Collins, CO
- AIMCO Properties - Boulder, CO
- Albuquerque Allsuite - Albuquerque, NM
- Allstone Ski Tools - Golden, CO
- Alpha Dental Care - Aurora, CO
- Alvarado Apartments - Albuquerque, NM
- Ameri-Cure Inc. - Chandler, AZ
- American Design Inc. - Denver, CO
- American Federal Bank - East Grand Forks, MN
- American Foodsource Corp. - La Junta, CO
- American Yacht Harbor - Red Hook, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Americold Corporation - Kansas City, KS
- Ammons Park Home Owners - Lakewood, CO
- Andrew Feltenstein-Beacon Street Studios Reference Letter Request, MT
- Andrews Metal Technologies - St. Louis, MO
I would like to express my personal appreciation and also the appreciation of Lockheed management in general for the excellent job you and your associates did in working up our earthquake claim, particularly the business interruption portion. It is unfortunate that we had to go to the extreme of filing suit against the carrier(s) to recover our loss due to the adamant refusal on the part of one of the carriers to recognize that we had any business interruption loss at all. It is obvious, however, that your basis of presenting the business interruption claim, backed up by your understanding of the policy wording and intent, your understanding of Lockheed's financial situation at the time of the earthquake, and, of course, your professional expertise went a long way in prompting the early settlement of the claim.R. E. ButlerDirector of Corporate Insurance - Lockheed Aircraft Corporation
- Case Studies